Friday, March 4, 2011

Moses and the 10 Plagues

We are working our way through the Old Testament and are currently studying Moses and the 10 Plagues. I have really enjoyed our study. For the first plague I got a pitcher of water and added red food coloring. They liked watching it turn red. We talked about how blood would be thicker than water and then we made this craft. I got a clear little cup and had the boys fill it with red construction paper.

The first plague water turned to blood.The second plague is frogs all over the land. You fold paper as if to make a snowflake but make a frog pattern instead. You have to use your imagination a little bit to see the frogs.And this is what you end up with. The boys enjoyed giving the frogs jiggly eyes.We placed the frogs all over the school room.
Here is our pocket chart recording all ten plagues. This is serving as a visual reminder of the plagues for us.



I have really enjoyed my laminator. I can thank my brother Kurt for it because I used my gift card he gave me for Christmas to purchase this fine machine. It does a wonderful job.
These are the cutest picture/word cards that I found at www.dltk-bible.com/word-list/moses/moses-index.htm So cute!


More plagues to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment