Monday, October 18, 2010

More Pumpkin Math

Here are some more pumpkin math ideas for you!
We started out really simple by making playdough pumpkins and then ordering them by size. smallest to largest and largest to smallest.

Measuring the height of our pumpkin with Unifix cubes.



Measuring the weight of our pumpkin. It was pretty heavy.






Measuring the circumference of our pumpkin.



I cut out thirty little pumpkins using my sizzix machine. I wrote numbers from 1 to 30 on them and had him place them in order.



Then we hung it on the wall to measure how many mini pumpkins tall he is. I had to add a few pumpkins. I found an awesome unit study on pumpkins that anyone teaching kinder or first should take a look at. www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Pumpkins-A-Thematic-Cross-curricular-Unit. This study has awesome little books for them to read and tons of other reproduceables. We really loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment